It may seem like you need to ask a gazillion people to donate to raise $1,000, but when you break it down, it really isn’t too bad.
- Personally contribute $50 to your fund. You should lead the way!
- Ask two family members to each contribute $50.
- Ask 10 friends to each contribute $20.
- Ask five neighbors to each contribute $20.
- Ask five co-workers to each contribute $20.
- Ask 10 people from your faith-based organization to each contribute $10.
- Ask your boss for a company contribution of $50 (better yet, find out if your company will match what you raise!).
- Ask four businesses or companies that you deal with through work to contribute $50 per company.
- Ask four businesses you frequent to personally contribute $25 (this is an easy one — ask your barber/hair stylist, dry cleaner or restaurant where you eat lunch every day).
- You’re done! Total Donations: $1,000! Now remember to write personalized thank-you notes so that next time you ask for a donation, they remember the appreciation.
Asking for donations can always be daunting, but FastTrack Fundraising offers some easy and innovative ways to ask for donations. You can check them out here: http://www.fasttrackfundraising.com/donation-fundraising.php